June 5, 2018 - reviewed by Kristin
Quiet, Well Set Up (site 25 & 27)
We stayed here for 3 nights on the loop for RVs in our pop up camper.
- Bathrooms are well maintained and clean
- Boat ramp is nice for lake access
- Heavy duty picnic table and cover at each site
- The couple working the gate were really nice!
- Grass needed to be mowed around the campsites. It was at least 8-12” tall all around us and our site.
- There aren’t a lot of trees or natural shade for the sites on the outside of the loop. Inside loop sites did have more trees (maybe 1/site)
- Head Park ranger was kind of a jerk about parking at the boat ramp. Not a huge deal but there was room for compassion and he chose to be grumpy. Oh well.
- Campsites are close together and there isn’t privacy. Some don’t mind this but it isn’t really our preferred atmosphere while camping.
- We didn’t see a good designated area to swim at the lake. We had our boat but it would have been nice to have a good area to walk to and swim.
March 4, 2018 - reviewed by David Wells
$26/night bathrooms clean, spot number one has good privacy. Quite pretty. Good and level. Wide with extra parking.1/2 price with golden geezer card.
February 3, 2018 - reviewed by David
Although not having sewer hook ups this place is awesome. We are here in the off season. The campground is very well maintained. Very clean. The bathroom/ house is very nice. We couldn’t believe how quiet it is here. Each site has a metal cover over a very large metal picnic table. We are at site 13. It has a slight incline but levels off at the top. Easy to level our 37’ 5er. Do not come on the weekend for a drive thru. Not allowed.
April 9, 2017 - reviewed by Don Thomas
As you know, you should always visit your camp sites before you book them, as they could always be the next step down from a motel 6. Me, and my family drove 2 & half hour here Saturday to check out the grounds, and see what spot to reserve if we stayed here. Upon arrival the lady at the front desk told us there was no drive though mean she would not let us take a quick 5 min drive though the park. After explaining to her we planned on renting a spot this next weekend, and we drove 2 & half hours to get here she replied sorry I don't want to get in trouble. I understand rules, and doing your job, but some times you should just use your common sense on some judgements. We will not be staying at this camp ground, and don't recommend it, as I could possible see the fun police were in full swing here.